Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for an OBD Compliance Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The OBD Compliance Engineer will prepare plans, analyze data, and develop compliance reports using Company data systems and working with the TSRC, product development, and manufacturing teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to….
The OBD Compliance Engineer will work with TSRC and IT teams to improve data systems and processes. As well the OBD Compliance Engineer will support J1699 static and dynamic test activities as needed. The OBD Compliance Engineer will notify the organization of issues found through the Global Issues Management System (GIMs). The OBD Compliance Engineer will be the primary liaison for the plants to ensure compliance testing activities are being performed and done correctly. The OBD Compliance Engineer may also participate in SAE committee meetings related to OBD compliance.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Computer Engineering or equivalent from an accredited program.
- Three or more years of automotive engineering experience in gasoline, hybrid or diesel controls or on-board diagnostics.
- Experience with the J1979/ J1979-DA specification.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of coordinating activities with numerous internal and external groups.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Systems or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience using CARDAQ and J1699 software.
- Experience using Canalyzer.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.