Summary/Objective: Responsible for the assembly of High Data Rate cables. This includes but is not limited to cable prep, hand soldering, hot bar termination, electrical testing, and various final operations to form complete assemblies
- Experience with soldering components to Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) is desired.
- Patience with new and tedious processes.
- Read assembly prints and manufacture parts accordingly.
- Knowledgeable of IPC or other quality documents that pertain to the product.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, as well as maintain equipment.
- Good Hand/Eye coordination.
*The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.*
- Minimum of One Year experience in Manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with soldering components to printed circuit boards desired.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must have 20/40 correctable vision.
- Must be able to stand/sit for more than 90 minutes straight, and not suffering from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Must be able to work with a microscope for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to utilize both ands for soldering and/or repairing soldered wires.
- Lifting Requirements: Light Work – Must be able to lift to 25 pounds frequently, from floor to waist.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- IPC Certification or knowledge is preferred.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.