Website Siemens EDA
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrive is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 800 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures and fixture design. The Manufacturing Engineer also participates in the resolution of issues and improvements to IT infrastructure and production systems. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
You will make an impact by:
– Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
– Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity
– Performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
– Identification and management of improvement projects that may require capital expenditures, contractors, cost savings calculations, CAD design and physical installation work
– Work with digitalization team to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools
– Facility and maintenance improvements related to production areas
– Maintain accurate production line drawings and convert to 3D
– Production line changes related to new product introduction or expansion projects
– Support the evaluation and management of software applications and functionality available across manufacturing systems.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
– B.S. or greater in Engineering
– Minimally 5 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Engineer at a manufacturing facility
– Completion of relevant projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability and cost in a manufacturing environment
– Ability to measure, design/specify and install production fixtures and equipment
– Lean manufacturing techniques
– Proficiency in data collection and analysis
– AutoCAD or similar
– Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
– Experience with manufacturing execution systems
– Experience with computer programming and/or database management
– Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
– 6 Sigma certification
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
You’ll benefit from:
• Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
• The pay range for this position is $71,300 – $122,300. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.