Summary / Role Purpose
The Lead R&D Engineer leads the design and development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Lead R&D Engineer will use expertise to develop strategic plans, refine requirements and provide technical leadership in achieving development objectives. We are seeking a talented individual to join our team in advancing the capabilities of our EnSight scientific visualization system and Nexus platform to further engineering discovery. In this role, you will develop scalable and intuitive visual experiences for a range of environments, from desktop to web to cloud-based platforms. Working alongside other development experts, product management, and testers, you will play an important role in delivering visualization solutions for our customers. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for engineering and science, then we want to hear from you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads planning, architecture, or research at a project level
- Coordinates product design and development activities requiring extensive analysis in areas such as user experience, software design and solver research. Acts as a technical reference within a group or product
- Develops and employs best practices and maintains them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support across multiple products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions, collaborating with the QA/support team
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for products, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Operates without direct supervision and may function as a team leader, project manager, or software architect
- May be responsible for line management of a small technical team but primary duties are of an individual technical nature
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 8 years’ experience, MS with 6 years’ experience, or PhD with 4 years’ experience
- Significant commercial experience with software design and development methodologies, especially C++ object-oriented design.
- Significant technical experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces for desktop platforms, especially using Qt or other cross-platform toolkits.
- Proven track record of crafting robust and efficient code
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with designing and implementing complex graphical user interfaces with Qt and other web front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.
- Experience with 3D graphical frameworks such as OpenGL, WebGL, Unity, Unreal, Babylon.js, etc.
- Experience leading projects and delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Ability to translate business needs into development plans
- Ability to overcome obstacles and drive projects to completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and geographies, and to mentor junior developers
- Passion for learning new technologies and frameworks and staying up to date with industry trends and best practices.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.