Website Siemens EDA
Design and implement new features and refactor existing code in Java client of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ in order to support additional functionality, better performance and improved user workflows.
Maintain quality and backward compatibility while making large-scale changes to existing software.
This position reports to the Manager of the Core Framework team in the Platform department working on Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Design, create and document high-quality, extensible software.
- Maneuver a large code base containing hundreds of modules and millions of lines of code.
- Travel when necessary (up to 3%) to collaborate with other teams.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Communicate project status during regular meetings.
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
This position requires at least a master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or
Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 3 years’ progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development
a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 5 years’ progressive, post baccalaureate experience in software design and development.
- Programming Java clients in Swing/NetBeans (the framework, not the IDE) or a similar framework.
- Application development with large-scale datasets and stringent performance and quality requirements.
- Navigating large, legacy code bases.
- Developing a scientific or engineering software application.
- Using a distributed version control system such as Git.
- Issue management using Jira or a comparable system.
- Facility with modern IDEs.
- Austin TX noted as work location, however, Melville NY and Lebanon NH would also work.
- Programming in modern C++.
- Programming web applications.
- Expertise in Physics and Mathematics.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.