- Research and implementation of new plating processes.
- Monitor and improve throughput, quality, yield, and uptime of wafer plating equipment/processes.
- Continuous improvement of existing of wafer plating processes and analysis of reliability data.
- Establish analysis frequencies, chemistry bath life, and maintenance schedules and execute. statistical process control on a fully automated wafer plating equipment.
- Update and maintain documentation of wafer plating processes.
- Facilitate necessary experiments (DOE format) to troubleshoot quality issues.
- Deliver products which conform to IPC thickness specifications.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- 2+ years of hands-on-experience with electroless/electrolytic plating processes.
- In-depth understanding of plating chemistries, equipment, and processes.
- Experience in characterization of chemical components in plating processes.
- Excellent hands-on diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze statistical data; familiarity with software such as JMP is preferred.
- Ability to shift focus among multiple priorities quickly.
- Be detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a highly motivated, team-player with a positive attitude who is also excited about learning new skills and assisting with various projects and assignments as necessary.
- Working knowledge and understanding of, SDS, lock-out/tag-out, and OSHA requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with globally distributed researchers, engineers in our commercial organizations, and customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in plating and wet chemistry applications.
- 5+ years of production operations experience, particularly in high volume manufacturing.
- Ability to apply fundamental theories in real engineering problem solving.
- Industry or R&D manufacturing experience with Electroless/Electrolytic Plating processes.
- Experience in semiconductor or glass wafer fabrication.
- Experience with XRF and other plating metrology techniques.
- Experience in electroplating, wet etch, or other wet chemistry applications.
- Experience with analytical methods for plating chemistries.
- Familiarity with IPC specification documents e.g. IPC 4552.
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- Extensive job experience or other technical / engineering education can be substituted for educational preferences.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.