Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $1 Billion global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
The Glass Core Technology Plating Process Engineer will lead efforts to develop and sustain electroless final finish processes on various RDL stack ups on glass wafers. These process will include Electroless Nickel / Immersion Gold (ENIG), Electroless Nickel / Electroless Palladium / Immersion Gold (ENEPIG), Electroless Palladium / Immersion Gold (EPIG) and potentially other plating, wet etch, and strip processes.
- Research and implementation of new Final Finish processes.
- Monitor and improve throughput, quality, yield, and uptime of Final Finish Equipment/Process.
- Continuous improvement of existing Final Finish processes and analysis of reliability data.
- Establish analysis frequencies, chemistry bath life, and maintenance schedules and execute. statistical process control on a fully automated Final Finish tool.
- Update and maintain documentation of Final Finish Processes.
- Facilitate necessary experiments (DOE format) to troubleshoot quality issues.
- Deliver products which conform to IPC thickness specifications.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- 2+ years of hands-on-experience with electroless/electrolytic plating processes.
- In-depth understanding of plating chemistries, equipment, and processes.
- Experience in characterization of chemical components in plating processes.
- Excellent hands-on diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze statistical data; familiarity with software such as JMP is preferred.
- Ability to shift focus among multiple priorities quickly.
- Be detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a highly-motivated, team-player with a positive attitude who is also excited about learning new skills and assisting with various projects and assignments as necessary.
- Working knowledge and understanding of, SDS, lock-out/tag-out, and OSHA requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with globally distributed researchers, engineers in our commercial organizations, and customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to apply fundamental theories in real engineering problem solving.
- Industry or R&D manufacturing experience with Electroless/Electrolytic Plating processes.
- Experience in semiconductor or glass wafer fabrication
- Experience with XRF and other plating metrology techniques.
- Experience in electroplating, wet etch, or other wet chemistry applications.
- Experience with analytical methods for plating chemistries.
- Familiarity with IPC specification documents e.g. IPC 4552
- 5+ years of experience in plating and wet chemistry applications.
- 5+ years of production operations experience, particularly in high volume manufacturing.
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- Extensive job experience or other technical / engineering education can be substituted for educational preferences
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.