Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $950 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Samtec began investing in Microelectronics in 2010 and has emerged as a technology leader in advanced glass-based packaging. As we expand our investment in this cutting-edge technology, we are looking for energetic and innovative experts to join our growing team of scientists and engineers. We are excited to announce a job opening for a sustaining process integration engineer to join the team to drive improvements in:
- Through Glass Via (TGV) metallization
- Fine line/space Redistribution Layer (RDL) fabrication
- Picosecond laser machining of glass
- Cavity formation for hermetic MEMs packaging
Summary: Samtec is seeking a creative problem solver willing to tackle integration challenges related to the fabrication of electronic glass interposers. We are seeking a strong team player who can communicate clearly across a growing team of operators, technicians, engineers, research scientists and senior management (VPs and CEO). Key responsibilities include:
- Create, simplify, and drive improvements across process flow fab modules including laser, lithography, deposition (PVD, ECD), etch (wet, dry), and electrical test to improve yields and output.
- Design and execute DOEs to advance new materials and processes.
- Statistical analysis using software g., JMP (custom / screening DOEs) and Minitab.
- Leverage metrology data and physical observations to determine reasons for process excursions and yield losses.
- Direct and track excursion investigations from initial discovery to root cause failure analysis.
- Work closely with individual process owners to understand processes and interactions between different process steps. Leverage process knowledge to develop hypothesis on root causes for yield excursions and unexpected fallout, and propose DOEs to demonstrate root cause of failure modes.
- Develop continuous improvement plan to review tools, methods, and resources to ensure higher yields.
- Build positive working relationships with internal partners such as Operations, Product, Process, Test, Quality, and Failure Analysis as appropriate.
- Initial point of contact for escalation of yield or quality problems for operations.
- Lead one or more technicians with FA or Yield focus to assist with above responsibilities
- 10+ years’ experience with a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with a Masters Degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated success at creating process flows which integrate process modules (litho, deposition, etch) to deliver new products for customers on time.
- Experience with fab equipment including lithography (i-line), PVD, CVD, wet etch, dry etch (RIE), ECD Cu plating, electrical test, and characterization is desired.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with operators and senior management.
- Ability to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other applicable discipline.
- Master’s Degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry is preferred.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.