In the role of FP&A Analyst, you are part of the EMEA HQ FP&A team, reporting into the EMEA FP&A Director. You utilize leadership and financial competencies to support senior finance leaders by driving financial analysis to support financial planning, budgeting, decision making, and performance. Your excellent communication skills enable you to present analysis, results, recommendations and influence decisions at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
You are the primary finance business partner to the EMEA HQ Functions, and as such you act as a consultant and challenger, bringing insights and financial acumen as well as providing stewardship of EMEA-wide resources and governance of the P&L.
As the EMEA FP&A Analyst, you support in achieving financial targets and key sales objectives, while at the same time setting the compliance tone with special focus on managing spend, concessions, and discounts as well as preventing corruption and unethical sales.
In addition, a key part of the role is to provide objectiveness and stewardship to the company, acting as a representative of the Finance function and NetApp shareholders.
- Provides recommendations and action plans to ensure contribution margin targets are met or overachieved. In case of overachievement, creates investment plans to fund further growth, and in case of underachievement establishes savings plans. Manages and monitors progress and execution of those plans.
- Prepares analysis and commentary on variances and trends in the P&L, including Backlog, Revenue, Support waterfall, Cost of Goods Sold, Cloud Revenue, Operating Expenses and headcount.
- Supports in driving improved profitability and product mix, using company standards for Price/Mix/Volume analytics. This includes product mix, volume definitions, discounts, margins and average selling price (ASP).
- Remains informed on state of revenue reserves, by working with FCOE team in Bangalore on the details and to update Corporate HQ during quarter end to support company revenue guidance.
- Responsible to follow up on bookings performance from Sales and Sales Operations, highlighting risks and opportunities to meet current P&L forecast. Influences sales leaders to improve bookings forecast accuracy and business predictability.
- Supports investment evaluation and prioritization, as well as strategies and allocating resources to achieve financial targets. Ensures key financial metrics of the P&L are understood and proactively monitored to drive the business. (ARR, revenue, costs, discounts, gross margin & contribution margin). Provides stewardship of EMEA-wide resources and P&L governance.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support the financial analysis activities for EMEA, interprets root causes of financial results, investigates variances, and formulate remediation plans and/or investment plans. Produces actionable insights to drive top-line revenue and optimize contribution margin.
- Support the Area Finance Teams to drive Cloud revenue growth by providing insight into new customer revenue, customer expansion revenue, average customer size, customer renewals rates, activation rates and sales rep participation rates.
- Leverages thorough understanding of NetApp solutions and technology, as well as drivers of shareholder return to ensure business leaders are presented with the most relevant data, insights, risks, and recommendations necessary to support strategy execution.
- Support the effort to work with business partners to translate top-down targets to an accountable Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and to generate operational plans and strategy within EMEA. Coordinates activities with Field Finance, Sales Operations, and local Leaders. Ensures submission in line with defined timelines, definitions, and standards.
- Support the complete, accurate, and timely submission of the monthly Opex & Headcount forecast for respective cost centers in line with guidance. Prepares analysis and write analytical commentary, highlighting risks and opportunities to current forecast and to conduct analysis of variances to plan and forecast.
- Promotes thought leadership in process improvement to scale and simplify tools, processes, procedures, and methodologies.
- Partners with the IT, FCOE, ERDM and Sales Operations to support the automation and simplification of operational processes.
- Promotes inclusion and diversity through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team environment.
- Drives a collaborative, diverse and effective communicative way of working.
- 2-5 years experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Experience working on the P&L
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Previous experience working with sales operations or within multinational environments would be a plus
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit netapp.eightfold.ai.