Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Support the Sales team through prospecting, qualification, and product design-in efforts to drive sales growth.
- Provide technical support to identify new applications and opportunities with existing and future copper and optical interconnects.
- Understand Customer technical roadmaps, visa-vi industry standards and trends, to summarize and make product solution recommendations.
- Work jointly with Samtec R&D, Product Engineering and Operations to resolve technical issues during and after design-in.
- Assist Samtec Technical Marketing with creation and editing of product documentation and sales collateral.
- Create and present in-depth training material for company internal and Customer facing engagements.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in supporting Customer designs and applications, preferably in an FAE role.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong knowledge of Signal Integrity and practical application to interconnect considerations.
- General understanding of system architecture, backplane and design process.
- Electronics Design, IC Packaging and Fiber Optics experience is desired.
- Established Customer relationships within the New England Region is desired.
- Project Management experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s or Master of Science in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- On the job training as appropriate.