GlobalFoundries (GF) is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Internship Program Overview:
Our Interns & Co-ops are our entry-level talent pipeline for GF across the globe. Our goal is to provide students with a meaningful work experience that will equip them with the skills to embark on a career in the fast-paced and growing semiconductor industry after graduation. As an intern at GF, you’ll experience one-on-one mentorship, work assignments that prioritize your growth and potential, professional development opportunities, and the chance to network with executives.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Work with the facilities operations team on daily issues, evaluating and solving equipment and operational problems
- Evaluating, modifying & improving facilities PM (Preventative Maintenance) & CM (Corrective Maintenance) program
- Managing and executing facility related projects via timelines and applicable project management tools
- Provide capital equipment input for plant capital (infrastructure) plan
- Evaluating, specifying, and implementing the operation and upgrades for new and existing equipment
- Initiating purchases for materials, parts, and equipment for facility operations
- Supporting other key plant processes and provide cross-functional support as directed by Senior facilities engineers or facilities management
- Manage and maintain facilities systems
- Evaluating, modifying & improving facilities operations guidelines and procedures
- Evaluating, modifying & improving facilities continuous improvement goals, plans and projects
- Evaluating, modifying & improving facilities cost savings improvement goals, plans and projects
- Work under the guidance of the Senior facilities engineers
- Strong focus on keeping timelines and cost/budget control
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree program in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Minimum of 10% travel may be required
- Prior related internship or co-op experience
- Project management skills, i.e. the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter; the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment.
- Language fluency-fluent in English language-written & verbal
- Strong organizational skills: demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.