Intro to GF
GlobalFoundries (GF) is one of the world’s leading semiconductor foundries and the only one with a truly global footprint spanning three continents. We manufacture complex, feature-rich integrated circuits that enable billions of electronic devices. At GF, we make things that matter — from the solutions that enable the way we live today, to the technologies that drive what’s possible for tomorrow. Join us in changing the industry that is changing the world. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Be a part of our global team that is at the forefront of providing cutting-edge global technology solutions. We are seeking candidates with a strong passion for new technologies and advanced manufacturing, as we continue our Industry 4.0 Digitalization journey using technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, robotics, big data analytics and more.
Your work will have a direct impact in our expanding Fab Operations, in building out our platforms of purpose-built technologies such as smart mobile devices, personal computing, home and industrial IoT, automotive and more. You will have access to the latest technological developments at GF Labs, with opportunities for patent submissions, presenting your ideas on a global platform, and enjoy GF-wide collaboration across our fabs and offices around the world.
We are pipelining potential candidates from ITE for the Work-Study Diploma program in 2023.
Why This Role
As the ideal candidate, you will leverage your technical and hands-on skills and play a vital role to fuel our growth in Equipment Engineering. Your work will span across our existing and new Fabs, with a focus on advanced manufacturing tools. Your role will be key to upkeep and improve equipment performance and availability to meet production and cycle time requirements.
What You Will Do
- Maintain good housekeeping and follow good safety practice in Fab/office.
- Upkeep of equipment and system health status through regular maintenance.
- Monitor equipment performance via Fault Detection Classification (FDC) to detect any abnormalities efficiently.
- Troubleshoot basic equipment related issues and minimize equipment downtime
- Follow SOP and provide proper passdown of line issues and documentation.
What You Will Need
- Nitec in Electronics; Computer Networking & Communications; Mechanical Technology; Mechatronics or Microelectronics OR
- Higher Nitec in Electronics; Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Good team player, able to work independently, resourceful, willing to learn new skills with good initiatives
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.