GlobalFoundries is the world’s leading specialty foundry. We deliver differentiated feature-rich solutions that enable our clients to develop innovative products for high-growth market segments. GF provides a broad range of platforms and features with a unique mix of design, development and fabrication services. With an at-scale manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF has the flexibility and agility to meet the dynamic needs of clients across the globe. We are changing the industry that’s changing the world.
This position is for Yield Engineer in GlobalFoundries India center at Bangalore, supporting 200 and 300mm wafer fabs in US, Singapore, and Germany. The candidate will be part of the integration team that develops and transfers new processes to the fab. The job purpose is to understand the key relationships between in-fab processing and yield/reliability impact to enable successful ramp of new processes to production.
- Develop custom or derivative processes to meet customer needs
- Run DOE to optimize process margins and determine process & ET specifications
- Monitor OOC, maintain good CPK for ET and monitor inline SPC parameters
- Identify and resolve process integration issues & ET related problems
- Identify yield opportunities and set preliminary yield targets
- Run prototype lots on new or derivative processes
- Liaise with Customer Engineers/Field Engineers to resolve customers’ technical & yield concerns
- Develop FMEA for Custom & Derivative processes
- Document relevant information of new / derivative processes.
- Support and Implement Process change requests
- Responsible for wafer quality to conform to product requirements and have the authority to stop shipment and stop production to correct quality problems
- Clear reporting and communication of issues to home teams on a daily basis
- Must be flexible in job assignment and ready to work on weekend shifts on a rotational basis as required by the business
- B.E./B.Tech. or M.Sc./M.Tech. with 0-5 years of relevant experience in Electrical (Microelectronics)/ Electronics Engineering or Applied Physics
- Good understanding of semiconductor process technology and devices
- Basic knowledge of Statistics and SPC methodology
- Working experience in CMOS process and process module/equipment (200mm/300mm) are strongly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a globally matrixed team or environment
- Organized, proactive, excellent analytical skills, on-time delivery of work assigned, and good verbal and written communication
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.