Our client in Austin, TX is looking for an Engineer – Change Management. This is a Contract position.
We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun. You will be joining an experienced engineering team in the design, simulation, implementation, and testing of electrical powertrain systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead engineering cross-functional change management effort to communicate engineering changes to cross functional teams across and ensure implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct cross-functional design reviews within engineering to ensure alignment of affected parts.
- Align with leadership team on upcoming new engineering changes and take it through the approval of the change control board.
- Create and maintain roadmap of upcoming hardware and software engineering changes.
- Create and maintain change management dashboards within smart sheets and windchill.
- Provide improvements on upcoming change mgmt. processes to adhere with best industry practices.
- Create RASIC for various processes and ensure its implementation.
- Perform case studies to showcase cost v/s benefit analysis for alternative options.
- Facilitate meetings between cross functional teams and generate product requirements and feed forward to design and engineering teams.
- Lead Change Management Process to maximize resource effectiveness and process efficiency.
- Interface with supplier and customer on the change management process requirements.
- Capture engineering clean point and communicate to customers on the upcoming changes.
- Document and create change notes to accompany all new changes with information of impact analysis, verification, and validation requirements.
- Review CAD and engineering drawings and ensure alignment with engineering standard processes.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to create process sheets required for operations and assembly.
- Coordinate teams to conduct virtual build activities and obtain consensus on the assembly process.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 3+ Years of Experience in technical project management, change management, design, and release.
- Experience with PLM tools.
- Experience in automotive systems, sub-systems, and application requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite and PTC Windchill/Team Center.
- Know-how of advance product quality planning (APQP), disciplined problem resolution quality tool sets (8D Methods), Issue management system and ERP systems.
- Know-how of FMEAs, DVP&Rs, FAI and PPAP.
- Experience supporting continuous quality improvement activities in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of automotive powertrain systems including both traditional and hybrid
- Understanding of vibration (including modal) and vibration reduction strategies highly advantageous
- Ability to read, understand and generate electrical manufacturing documentation.
- Self-starter with strong follow-through skills and quality process control focus
- Ability to communicate verbally effectively and positively and in writing with customers (internal and external), to address their needs promptly and to follow through on commitments.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Position will involve travel (10% of time) to visiting engineering providers and hardware suppliers.
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment, set and meet appropriate deadlines.
- Degree in industrial engineering.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- Class 8 commercial truck experience.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.