Our client in Carson, CA is looking for a Dyne Motor Lab Technician. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Perform Dyne and Motor Lab maintenance, repair, test setups and operation.
- Support Dyne and Motor Lab engineers in identifying potential improvements of test methods, practices.
- Supports a team of engineers on continuous improvement of automotive motor designs and testing.
- Design and fabricate Dyne and Motor mechanical fixtures and setups.
- Installs, operates and maintains shop and laboratory test equipment and instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot, root cause, document test data and report results from lab tests.
- Procure necessary tools, equipment and components for Dyne Motor labs.
- Ability to utilize standard tools such as drill motors, soldering, calipers, grinder, and multimeters with no direction.
- Ability to use instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, pressure gauges, and flow meters.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Maintains good housekeeping, safety practices and supplies.
What You Will Need:
- Mechanical experience.
- Automotive experience.
- Fabrication experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in the automotive field with experimental products, components and equipment where work duties follow established standards, specifications and instructions.
- Experience working with mechanical and electrical test equipment setups, testing and processes.
- Experience using common machine shop equipment and hand tools.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
- Hands-on approach. Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
- Safety is number one priority.
- Salary range: 42k – 60k annual.
- Electrical experience.
- 3+ years of experience performing Dyne and Motor testing and fabricating special test equipment for automotive powertrain systems.
- Strong understanding and experience in Dyne and Motor Lab operation. AVL / PUMA dyne experience.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.