Our System level verification team uses Random Instruction Stream generator to stress Arm CPUs under development. If you are an inquisitive engineer with a curiosity about low-level hardware-software interactions and enjoys root causing failures that occur when the generator is run at a system level with several other IPs integrated and want to learn the internal functioning of sophisticated CPUs, we would like to hear from you. You will need an understanding of CPU architecture as well as an ability to interpret ‘C’ and arm assembly code. In this role, you will analyze Sophisticated CPU microarchitecture specifications to help steer the generator in the right directions and triage and debug the issues found by the tool, running on FPGA at a waveform level.
Working in an unusually accomplished and diverse team, you will collaborate with engineers in a wide range of roles from CPU design and verification to processor architecture. Whether you prefer to focus on bare metal ‘C’ development, or on FPGA execution and bug hunting, this is an excellent opportunity to help verify the innovative CPUs of tomorrow!
Required Skills and Experience :
- Bachelor or Master’s university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or another appropriate field.
- You have software debug experience on CPUs either in simulation, emulation, FPGA or post-silicon environments
- Comfortable with waveform viewers and can make sense of Verilog code in order to trace transactions in the RTL on hitting a failure
- You understand CPU architecture and micro-architecture features (such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency, CPU pipelines)
“Nice To Haves”:
- You understand and can use the Arm instruction set architecture
- Exposure to a CPU verification environment at top level or system level
- Experience working in bare metal systems or low-level operating systems the purposes of functional verification
- Experience with programming or using FPGAs
We offer a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.