Arm is the industry’s leading supplier of microprocessor technology, offering the widest range of microprocessor cores to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Combining a vibrant ecosystem with more than 1,000 partners delivering silicon, development tools and software, and over 90 billion processors shipped, our technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
In the role you are a part of the Austin-based CPU performance architecture team, which is part of Arm’s worldwide CPU development group. This diverse engineering-centric team defines, designs, and validates Arm processor IP. Arm-based processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices and we collaborate with the world’s leading technology companies.
As a CPU Performance Modelling engineer on our team of about twenty senior engineers, you will tackle next-generation Arm Cortex-A class CPU microarchitecture design and performance analysis. You will be a part of a growing organization with a validated business model and a strong plan for continued future growth. Your team focuses on engineering using the latest tools and methodologies with an eye for innovation and creative problem solving.
What will I be accountable for?
As a CPU Architecture Modeling Engineer you will contribute to the future:
- You write CPU Performance models to craft next-generation CPU microarchitecture
- You analyze CPU performance when integrated into a larger system and ensure model functionality and accuracy in that environment
- You interact technically with both internal engineering teams and external partners
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You bring a variety of skills, experience, and qualifications:
- MS (Masters) or BS (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of software engineering experience relevant to CPU architecture or micro-architecture modeling and workload analysis
- C/C++ and assembly-level programming
- Experience with using modern day software development techniques and workflows such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong computer architecture knowledge
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
More About Arm
Arm® is at the heart of the world’s most sophisticated digital IP products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped billions of Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.