Welcome to Codasip
We believe Codasip is the most innovative processor solutions company. We take pride in designing and developing cutting-edge, high-performance, and energy-efficient CPU cores from scratch, and our own automated proprietary tools to fully customize them. We give our customers a unique competitive advantage by empowering their system-on-chip developers to build the most innovative products.
Our processor cores are based on the RISC-V open architecture. The potential for customizing RISC-V is unlocked with the Codasip Custom Compute approach: our unique architecture description language, CodAL, and the powerful automated processor design tool, Codasip Studio. These are at the heart of our unique and groundbreaking RISC-V processor solutions.
Founded in 2014, we’ve grown into a thriving and talented global community. Our IP engineering teams work from offices spread across Europe, including our first and largest design center in the beautiful city of Brno, Czechia. Across Europe, we already have design teams in Cambridge, Bristol, Munich, Villeneuve-Loubet, Barcelona, Thessaloniki, Heraklion and Athens. The Codasip team is also based close to its customers, which means we have dedicated sales and application engineers in the USA, Japan, Korea, and China.
Codasip is a private company backed by well-funded EU grants. Our products are already making a real impact, with billions of devices already in the market powered by our processor IP and tools.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a CPU Architect to join our R&D team in the CTO office, utilizing CPU expertise to work on our Codasip Studio (STUDIO) EDA tool and RISC-V, realising a whole new paradigm in the semiconductor industry and microprocessor design.
Our R&D team is growing as we expand our processor portfolio and seek to address more application areas. This role will support the maturity of our next generation of RISC-V cores developed in STUDIO.
This is a senior role within the company and will have interaction across R&D up to leadership level, and also with our customers. You will influence our technology roadmap and be a key contribution to our future success.
- Drive our RISC-V processor innovation activities according to the state of the art technology through research
- Define and shape our processor design and verification methodology using STUDIO, including language features
- Design prototypes of the next-generation processors
- Cooperate with sales and marketing teams on pre-sales activities, as well as external customers around the world
- Provide ideas for the future direction of our products, focusing on the mid to long term roadmap
What we need:
- Significant recent and relevant experience in processor architecture and/or EDA development
- Strong understanding of IP and SoC design and verification flows and of silicon process technology and its limitations
- Familiarity with CPU and EDA trends in the industry as well as best practises
- Comfortable with customer-facing activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to think outside of the box
- The ability to collaborate with a wide spectrum of Codasip engineers as well as external customers
- Effective communication skills to provide strategic direction to our expert teams
- A high degree of technical credibility to be trusted by Codasip engineers as well as external customers
What’s in it for you?
Joining Codasip’s CTO office is a chance to challenge yourself to work on complicated projects and structure how we revolutionise and disrupt the semiconductor industry. The best candidates for us are decisive, proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, opinionated yet collaborative and passionate about continuous improvement as we scale up.
Please note this position can be either fully remote within the EU or UK, or based in either our Brno (Czechia) office, Munich (Germany) office, or UK Design Centres (Cambridge or Bristol). If you choose to be based in one of our offices, it is a hybrid role where we will need somebody to be in the office a few days per week, with flexible work from home options.
Want to be an architect of ambition? Join Codasip
At Codasip we are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative work environment. Codasippers have the freedom to explore original ideas and experiment with new techniques. We believe in the benefits of cross-departmental collaboration and encourage sharing to build awareness throughout the teams. This enables you to add value through variety in your work.
When you join Codasip, you become part of a motivated team of self-starters where your ideas are appreciated and your voice is heard. We strive to create an environment where your ambition can flourish and your career can reach new heights. So, come and join our team of architects of ambition. We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve at Codasip.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.