We’re looking for the dreamweavers of tomorrow.
Alphawave IP has an exciting opportunity within its Ethernet Controller IP/Soft IP division for a ASIC/FPGA engineer with at least one (1) year of experience with FPGA or ASIC development. The successful candidate will work within the team responsible for the development of OTN / Ethernet /CXL/PCIE Intellectual Property (IP) with the responsibility of both RTL design and verification.
What You’ll Do
- Work within a team of engineers to deliver standards-compliant IP blocks for use in OTN / Ethernet / CXL / PCIE FPGAs or ASICs.
- Develop and document the design using VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog
- Develop and document the verification environment using SystemVerilog + UVM
- Develop and execute individual test-cases against the RTL
- Issue and track bug reports from inception to closure
- Develop script to augment development process
What You’ll Need
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and/or equivalent
- MSEE with 1 year of experience or BSEE with 2 years of experience in ASIC or FPGA development
- Have the knowledge of telecommunications protocol (OTN transport systems, Ethernet, CXL, PCIE etc)
- Experience in RTL coding VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Experience in SystemVerilog+UVM
- Experience with FPGA compilation tools
- Experience with design and verification tools like Vivado/Quartus
- Excellent ability to use Randomised and Directed Verification Methodologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Experience with source code revisioning systems, e.g. SVN, CVS, RCS
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Experience in OTN / Ethernet transport systems
- Experience in CXL and PCIE
- Experience with Debugging Tools
- Experience with PERL, TCL, Python, and C/C++ programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.