Synopsys offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, silicon-proven IP solutions for the most widely used interfaces such as PCI Express, USB, DDR, SATA, HDMI, MIPI, and Ethernet.
As a Corporate Applications Engineer (CAE) in the Solutions Group at Synopsys, you will be responsible for technical support of customers using Synopsys DesignWare Cores IP. You will analyze and resolve complex IP usage issues and provide timely, accurate technical guidance to customers.
You will have regular contact with external customers and internal contacts across cross-functional teams. Occasional travel will be required.Applications Engineer
This position requires a highly motivated and experienced individual to work with Synopsys’ customers on integrating leading edge Interface IP (IIP) into their ASIC SoC/systems for next generation products. IIP include PCIe4/5, USB3/3.1/3.2/4, DDR/LPDDR4/4x/5, Ethernet 1G~100G, HDMI2.x, MIPI DPHY/MPHY and high speed SerDes up to 112G.
The position offers opportunities to work on Synopsys IIP and the latest industry specifications/applications on various hot market segments. The position will provide IIP integration guidance to customers throughout their SoC flow to resolve technical challenges, perform integration reviews at key milestones and support silicon/system bring-up. Some travels will be required.
- Understand IIP applications on customer specific SoC and systems
- Keep abreast of the latest ASIC/SoC design flows and EDA tools
- Provide expert advice and support to configure and resolve IIP integration challenges including simulation, synthesis, floorplan, STA, DFT, silicon bring-up, etc.
- Provide integration training and recommendation to customers
- Conduct integration reviews on customers’ major SoC milestones
- Provide feedback to Synopsys R&D for continuous IIP product improvements
- Provide pre-sale support on IIP evaluations and support conference demos
- Participate in R&D design reviews to align development with future customer needs
- Collaborate with R&D to produce application notes on advance topics
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering Computer Science, or related fields
- Typically requires at least 5 years of design, verification, or applications experience
- Design or verification experience with RTL coding in Verilog
- Hands-on experience on simulation, synthesis, STA, and LEC
- Experienced with UNIX or Linux
- Creative and results oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Work well with others and ability to interact with customers
- Attention to detail and high degree of self-motivation
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Occasional travel
- Experience with scripting languages (Tcl, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Silicon debug and FPGA/hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced with ASIC/SoC tape-out from concept to full production.
- Domain knowledge in SerDes PHY and PCIe protocol are highly desirable
- Experience on CDC, RDC, Lint, DFT, STA, and LEC will be a plus
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.