The Application Engineer II is responsible for leveraging domain engineering knowledge and relationships to help customers solving complex engineering problems using Ansys Structures software and to support regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue.
The role encompasses providing technical support of our customers, engaging in presale activities to support sales campaigns, delivering professional services to support software growth and helping translate customer requirements into exciting new product features.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply engineering expertise and knowledge of Structures simulation techniques to provide highest level technical support to customers and Channel Partners, ensuring high-quality, timely customer service that results in improved customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Own the customer problems, proactively engage with selected accounts to provide comprehensive solutions. Contribute to all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle, interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows and articulate Ansys’ value proposition.
- Instruct introductory and/or intermediate training classes and contribute to the delivery of professional services for projects which might include collaborative work with other field engineers in the same or different disciplines.
- Gather customer requirements to support the improvement of Ansys software and collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into new product capabilities. Test new releases on industrial problems.
- Participates in internal corporate initiatives to share knowledge and to create best practices, inside the discipline and cross-disciplines.
- Develop simulation best practices, solutions, FAQs for knowledge base
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: MS in Mechanical/Chemical/Aerospace/Electrical Engineering or related field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: MS+0
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis that Structural, Thermal, Vibration, Multiphysics, Transient, Nonlinear, Material, Fatigue and Explicit Dynamics.
- Demonstrated use of relevant Ansys software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA, PLM software packages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Ability to work on multiple projects which are complex in nature
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in English
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: MS+3, or PhD+0
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and translate these into an execution plan that delivers value and meets business goals.
- Experience with using Ansys Mechanical, Ansys LS-DYNA, Ansys Motion, Ansys nCode DesignLife, Ansys Sherlock or other simulation software involving real world, industry level applications.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.