We are looking for a 6 month intern at our Lyon office to start between February and March 2024, ideally for a “stage de fin d’études”. We can only consider candidates who are currently registered at a French higher education institution (university or engineering school) at master level. Please mention in your CV which competences and experience you already have from the “preferred qualifications” listed at the end of this description.
Ansys empowers the world’s most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Thus, through our enriching student program, we help develop the next generation of engineers and technologists.
As a student, you will help develop our industry-leading simulation software while gaining real experience in your field of study. You will work on a variety of impactful projects to help maintain, advance, and accelerate ANSYS products. You will support our Solver and Platform teams to develop the next generation simulation platform for the democratization and re-use of Ansys technologies.
Specifically in this internship, you will contribute to extend, optimize, and maintain the features and deployment of our internal customized jupyter notebook tool. You will engage with many Ansys R&D teams across the world to support the deployment and testing of PyAnsys services on cloud, the technical deployment for internal and external hackathons, and the evolution of the frontend and backend of the tool.
- Work alongside software developers during the design, implementation, and verification process
- Research and apply emerging technologies and open-source solutions
- Engage a continuous delivery dev ops process for release management and feature deployment
- Develop prototypes or test new solution strategies or algorithms
- Work with documentation teams to deliver end user resources
- Investigate bugs in production code
- Develop unit and regression tests
- Analyze results and communicate findings using visualization software
- Additional responsibilities as identified by management
- Pursuing a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree with significant programming and/or devops experience.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program in France (French candidates should be fluent in English, international candidates should be studying at a French higher education institution, but the knowledge of French is not a requirement for this internship)
- Python scripting experience
- Exposure to web, application, or full-stack software development
- Jupyter Lab / Jupyter Notebook experience
- IDE experience
- Cloud-based computing with AWS and/or Azure
- RPC or HTTP Remote API Experience
- Docker, Kubernetes
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.