The purpose of this role is to lead and define our verification strategy and methodologies across the company. Ensuring the best and most efficient methodologies/flows are applied consistently on all projects allowing us to achieve the best quality for our customers.
What you will be doing
- Work with suppliers, including EDA and IP, to identify the most effective application solutions and to understand how to use them to their best advantage.
- Produce methodologies, flows and training materials from (1), or for larger tasks specify to R&D team work packages to achieve same.
- Ensure execution team pick up and use the methodologies and flows correctly to produce quality output in an efficient manner (coach and audit).
- Collaborate with Head of TCO to develop a deterministic and robust methodology for accurately assessing the effort required to execute any verification projects.
- Work with the sales team to demonstrate technical competence to potential customers.
Technical Leadership and Quality
- Identify best practice by networking widely and extensively with EDA companies and their users in other companies as applicable to our ASIC projects.
- Ensure suitable design methodologies and flows are available, clearly documented and with suitable training provided for all project phases. Where required define R&D work packages for execution in R&D team
- Collate feedback from programme/project managers, project leads and regional experts to identify areas for improvement/development
- Work with the PM team to identify key metrics for monitoring project progress in verification
- Coordinate with other technical competency leads to ensure end-to-end SoC flow work together and share flows where possible
- Consult on projects to ensure application is consistent
- On occasion provide expert technical support to the execution teams either directly or through locally appointed deputies.
Pre-Sales and Customer Engagement
- Provide a quantitative methodology for estimating the effort required to execute Verification in an ASIC project.
- Support the PMO team in the use of the estimation process
- Monitor execution against estimations, and continuously improve both to ensure a high level of correlation between estimation and execution.
- Provide support for application team to potential customers as part of the sales process, where ‘expert’ knowledge is required.
What you will bring
- A bachelor’s degree/masters or PhD in a relevant subject
- Typically, 5+ years’ experience in the semiconductor industry
- SoC Verification technical lead experience
- Detailed understanding/knowledge of SoC verification best practices
- High-level understanding of other SoC disciplines
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- A creative thinker, able to consolidate ideas from multiple sources into a relevant solution.
- Able to effectively work with and listen to external suppliers, to absorb knowledge and apply to ASIC projects
- SoC Verification technical lead experience including planning and estimation
- Pre-sales customer facing experience
- Experience of specifying new flows or development of existing flows
- Practical experience of other SoC disciplines
- Good presentation skills
- Possesses a broad cross disciplinary knowledge but with the ability to apply advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR knowledge of multiple sub-functions.
Who you are
- You are self-organised and have the ability to respond to changing priorities quickly with excellent time management skills.
- A team player with the ability to guide and mentor.
- You have the ability to work under pressure with solid organisational and problem-solving skills.
- You are self-motivated and able to work under own initiative with excellent attention to detail.
Where you will work
We have offices in both Theale and Bristol. Our Headquarters is based in Theale where you will be located around plenty of country pubs in the area, golf courses, fishing lakes, good cycle and walking routes. Our Bristol office is modern, open plan complex located by the intersection of the M4 and M5.
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- Holiday days depend on locations
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity for career progression with quarterly reviews
- Continuous training with online training platform
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.sondrel.com.