What You’ll Do
- Characterize analog blocks and perform PHY/Link Layer/Protocol compliance against various industry standards such as PCIe and Ethernet
- Bring up silicon, debug issues, present test results, and generate validation reports
- Define test plans and develop test methodologies for various tests
- Develop and standardize test scripts for various tests and automate test equipment
- Determine equipment and accessories needs for various tests
- Study signal integrity and power integrity for evaluation boards and for silicon
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science is at a minimum
- 5+ years of experience is required
- Strong knowledge in various specifications such PCIe (Gen1 to Gen6), IEEE 100G CK (C2M, CR, KR), and OIF 100G CEI (VSR, MR, LR), etc.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Perl, Matlab, C/C++, or other scripting languages
- Proficiency in using and automating test instruments such as Scope, BERT, Logic Analyzer/Exerciser, VNA, Power Supplies and Multimeters, etc.
- Strong understandings of SerDes architecture (NRZ, PAM4) and theory of operation: PLL, CDR, CTLE, FFE, DFE, etc.
- Experience in using compliance software such as SIGTEST, SEASIM, COM, etc.
- Experience in PCB design and good understandings of signal integrity, insertion loss, return loss, TDR
- Direct experience in SerDes related electrical validation
- Working experience with PCIe and Ethernet protocol layers is a definite plus
- Good understanding of design blocks like MAC and PCS is a plus
- Experience in optical and die2die validation is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.