The Alphawave IP team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for electronics, software, and communication technology. We look for individuals with a deep desire to build great products and we value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
What You’ll Do
- Characterize analog blocks and perform PHY/Link Layer/Protocol compliance against various industry standards such as PCIe and Ethernet
- Bring up silicon, debug issues, present test results, and generate validation reports
- Define test plans and develop test methodologies for various tests
- Develop and standardize test scripts for various tests and automate test equipment
- Determine equipment and accessories needs for various tests
- Study signal integrity and power integrity for evaluation boards and for silicon
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science is at a minimum
- 5+ years of experience is required
- Strong knowledge in various specifications such PCIe (Gen1 to Gen6), IEEE 100G CK (C2M, CR, KR), and OIF 100G CEI (VSR, MR, LR), etc.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Perl, Matlab, C/C++, or other scripting languages
- Proficiency in using and automating test instruments such as Scope, BERT, Logic Analyzer/Exerciser, VNA, Power Supplies and Multimeters, etc.
- Strong understandings of SerDes architecture (NRZ, PAM4) and theory of operation: PLL, CDR, CTLE, FFE, DFE, etc.
- Experience in using compliance software such as SIGTEST, SEASIM, COM, etc.
- Experience in PCB design and good understandings of signal integrity, insertion loss, return loss, TDR
- Direct experience in SerDes related electrical validation
- Working experience with PCIe and Ethernet protocol layers is a definite plus
- Good understanding of design blocks like MAC and PCS is a plus
- Experience in optical and die2die validation is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.