- Min 4 to 5 years of experience in storage administration
- Familiarity/Experience with NetApp/EMC/Pure Storage, NFS troubleshooting, mount issues and related technologies.
- End User support for Storage and related services in a 24*7 production environment.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to solve problems and continually evolve the technology.
- Shifts can be rotational/permanent.
- Able to schedule, prioritize, support activities, and communicate actions and results as needed.
- Troubleshooting, Analytical skills
- Prepare and maintain documentation of issues and resolutions.
- Respond to alerts, reported issues, escalate problems as required, and resolve significant matters exercising independent judgment within established support practices.
- Experience supporting mission critical storage & data protection solutions is highly desired.
- Troubleshooting issues related to NFS, mount, access, backup etc.
- Perform Data cleanup (copy/move/delete) as and when required. Change/modify Disk permissions / Disk ownership/group access.
- Perform Data backup/Archival as and when required.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- The end-to-end management of installation, deployment, operations, monitoring, optimization, and support
- Engage with engineering, operations, and other architecture teams to align services to existing and future business capabilities
- Work on performance analysis and troubleshooting, data recovery strategies for critical systems, and data backup measures
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent certification in computer science, information technology
- Proficient in Linux administration (including permissions, sticky bit, crontabs, rsync, automount, NFS services, LDAP, NFSv4ACL etc.) and troubleshooting
- Knowledge on Enterprise Storage (NAS/SAN) solutions with NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FCP, S3 technology, Snapmirror etc.
- In-depth knowledge on NAS/SAN vendor solutions (NetApp c-mode, Pure and other storage technology is an added advantage)
- Experience on Automation using Ansible, Python will be preferred
- Knowledge of Directory Services like LDAP
- Networking fundamentals including switching, routing, firewall, DNS, subnetting etc.
- Good communication skills and exposure to IT service management tool
- Strong problem-solving acumen and flexibility with respect to adapt and learn quickly
- Motivation to support customer issues, and work hard to debug and deliver in the tight schedule
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.