Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Learn more about what we do.
Our powerful, award-winning culture embraces a bold vision of where technology can take us and a passion for tackling challenging problems with industry-first solutions. Diversity, equity & inclusion are integral parts of our culture and drivers of innovation at Keysight. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers.
Keysight has an opportunity for a Trade Compliance Specialist. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of import/export processes for the various company locations to ensure compliance with U.S. and foreign governments and regulations. This role will support compliance program requirements and be responsible to partner with all business functions in a manner that achieves the highest standards of regulatory compliance and the objectives of the business.
This role can be based our of our Austin, TX office or Remote / Telecommute for strong candidates.
• Work with the Logistics Coordinator to ensure a complete document packet is received for each shipment: commercial invoice, packing list, bill of lading, IMDG/IATA paperwork.
• Responsible for product classification requests by working with technical personnel and suppliers/distributors to acquire product information to support product classifications. • Assists with technology, hardware, and software trade classification, including Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Schedule B, and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)
• Perform Denied Parties Screening to align with U.S. export and other legal requirements
• Worldwide import/export clearance support • Update, monitor and summarize shipment reports utilizing various Excel tracking tools.
• Remain current with U.S. Customs compliance issues, regulations relating to international trade, international trends, and automated systems to implement systems to comply with those regulations, while minimizing potential liability to the company
• Assists with any U.S. Customs inquiries and contributes to the development and implementation of compliance programs to meet import regulations imposed by U.S. Customs.
• Manage a diverse workload of export and import-related projects and tasks and adapt to shifting priorities on a day-to-day basis
• Supports critical import and export audit requirements in support of DWF Trade Compliance
• Assists with the maintenance of import/export processes and controls
• Interface with cross-functional groups to identify and rectify any information/process gaps during the export/import process
• Offers improvement ideas on processes, drive automation and improve processes wherever possible
• Participates in projects/support tasks to enable the delivery of team assignments and objectives
• Provide exceptional customer support and communication throughout the logistics process
• Covers Logistics Coordinator function, as required
• Other duties as assigned within the Supply Chain Operations organization. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Organizing & Planning: Drives towards overall business needs by prioritizing multiple competing tasks, and effectively managing time. Utilizes available systems and resources effectively within the scope of the work being performed.
• Relationship Building: Seeks out, cultivates, and maintains positive and productive business relationships internally and externally. Work well with others through their optimistic attitude and constructive approach to solving problems or dealing with conflict.
• Drive & Energy: Shows initiative and takes personal responsibility while taking an overall proactive approach. Helps to resolve issues without excessive guidance and appropriately engages necessary resources to accomplish tasks. Presents an energetic demeanor while dealing with multiple projects or tasks.
• Communication: Recognizes the value of continuous information exchange. Actively seeks and disseminates information both in person and using technology. Demonstrates active listening and shares ideas, opinions, and feedback in a diplomatic and constructive manner. Raises issues and offers potential solutions that consider all functions • Knowledge and understanding of import, and export regulations, and U.S. Customs guidelines.
• Knowledge of import harmonized tariff schedule, harmonized system, and export schedule B classifications
• Global logistics or supply chain experience
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Motivated self-starter with strong follow-through.
• Customer service oriented with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to actively lead in team development and team-oriented processes. Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain/Operations, or 7+ years of relevant experience • Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) preferred
• Customs Brokerage License a plus, but not required. • Experience in working with a freight forwarder or transportation/logistics department, or Customs Brokers, and the use of INCOTERMS
• Minimum 2 years of import compliance experience or related field.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers-keysight.icims.com.