In this role, you will be an integral part of the legal team supporting geographically distributed product development teams across the enterprise and assist in validating and implementing the use of open source and other third-party components in various Altair software offerings. You may also provide open-source license compliance reports. You’ll also develop and nurture key relationships with product managers and other relevant functions across the company. As a third-party code compliance analyst, you’ll need to learn to understand the requirements and business drivers for a variety of Altair’s software solutions and projects and use this to facilitate collaboration.
What You Will Do:
- Prioritize open-source license compliance requirements based on product development needs, legal requirements, contractual obligations, and technical capabilities
- Manage license compliance risks that come from the use of open source and third-party code in software applications
- Develop and provide open-source license compliance reports for Altair’s offerings as needed
- Prepare and communicate appropriate notice statement for inclusion with distributed applications.
- Develop and evaluate license compliance tools and automation to support efficiencies for product development
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure that standardization of third-party license usage and data
- Coordinate with external customers to address any license compliance questions and concerns, explain open-source compliance reports, etc.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience with open-source software license compliance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional, internationally distributed environment and effectively use traditional and virtual communications
- Practical experience with the legal aspects of open-source software licensing
- Experience and understanding of software development process
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.