Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Cross-functionally team with Designers, Engineering and Manufacturing teams to support new product introduction.
- Assume ownership of assigned test systems, providing operational procedures to production personnel and carry out troubleshooting support as needed.
- Ensure test station capability and qualification plans are executed and reported as modifications/upgrades are implemented.
- Summarizes test project results including impacts to product yield, quality, throughput, and cost.
- Conduct, & analyze Design of Experiments for development and production activities.
- Streamline data gathering, storage and access to minimize effort required to generate required reports.
- Sustain and improve processes for electrical test processes associated with Samtec’s product base.
- Drive audits, bench marking and best practice methodologies to proactively prevent quality excursions as the technology ramps.
- Engages in Quality Problems, investigating root cause related to process, tooling, components and driving corrective action(s).
- This position will involve hands-on ESD-room work to make real-time observations.
- To handle tooling purchase and follow up to ensure delivered on time.
- Address downtime tickets in a timely manner for all setups, adjustments, troubleshooting, and repair based on daily manufacturing priorities. Set up tooling’s for new product builds.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with test development projects, automated test system builds and volume manufacturing, based on a thorough understanding of the equipment and materials that are used in the semiconductor and photonics industries.
- Opto-electronic industry experience desired; experience could include preferably direct packaging / assembly/test experience.
- Candidates must have a willingness to learn statistics, process control and FMEA methodologies.
- Willingness to learn SAS-JMP or similar data analysis package preferred.
- Proficient is MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to understand schematics and drawings.
- Must be a self-starter with strong troubleshooting skill & effective communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experience in basic understanding of statistics is an added advantage.
- Technical Certificate/Diploma or equivalent is required.
- IPC Certification is a plus.
- Black or Green Belt training is a plus.