GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GlobalFoundries is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts. This position is for both day and night shift either 6:30am to 7pm or 6:30pm to 7am (night position will train on day shift for first three months then move to night shift schedule).
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on state of the art 300mm semiconductor ETCH equipment
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education: High School Diploma or Military background.
- Experience: 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands:
- Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour schedule, including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GlobalFoundries protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and proper PPE when required throughout a 12-hour shift, excluding breaks
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
- Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12-hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Education: 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or an additional 2 years of equivalent experience
- Experience – 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.