Altair PBSWorks is seeking a Technical Writer with 5 years of experience in creating structured DITA content to develop user-centric documentation focused around High-Performance Computing (HPC). The best person for the job is an experienced individual contributor who can collaborate internally with a team of writers, and lend specific content expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write clear, concise structured content documentation including end-user documentation, product installation and configuration guides, release notes and command-line guides.
• Interact with SMEs to identify and interview people who possess knowledge important to your content.
• Work with development teams, product managers, application engineers and field support teams to create and improve content.
• Self-edit own work and help with peer editing content.
• Identify and resolve issues relating to documentation project schedules, documentation structure, documentation design and deliverables.
• Collaborate with other content-producing teams to share knowledge and avoid duplicating efforts.
• Participate in sprint planning and daily Scrum meetings to ensure the timely delivery of content delivery enhancements and technical content that create business value.
• Review content on a regular basis, provide feedback on progress, adherence to standards, and overall completeness.
• Support a continuous delivery model while also enforcing quality, content structure, version control, and publishing strategies that support multiple deliverables and formats.
• Identify opportunities for enhancements in content, automation, or single sourcing using new tools, strategies, or processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as English, technical communications, web design, and engineering
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a distributed, global team environment
• At ease working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and communicate with non-native English speakers
• Be willing to learn new technologies
• Be a strong team player and an open communicator
• Experience with HPC, engineering, manufacturing, or related fields
• Experience with markup languages (such as HTML, XML, DITA XML)
• Familiarity with source control systems, such as Git or Perforce.
• Experience with Oxygen or other XML-based authoring tools.
• Ability to create instructional videos with Camtasia.
Additional experience that is helpful, but not required:
• Degree or certification in a technical field
• Experience with the DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT)