Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to support our customers on all aspects of their real-world engineering simulation projects and integration of Ansys software(s) in their design workflows and grow Ansys’ business. You will use engineering knowledge to provide technical post-sales support, find solutions to a wide variety of technical challenges, and channel customer feedback to improve Ansys products. You will be a part of our positive, dynamic team of enthusiastic and passionate engineers striving to deliver the highest quality solutions to our customers, advancing your knowledge, experience, and your impact on the success of our customers and Ansys.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply engineering expertise and knowledge of electromagnetic simulation techniques (applications involving power electronics design, electric machines, actuators, and transformers for their electromagnetic performance) to provide the highest level of technical support to customers and Channel Partners, ensuring high-quality, timely customer service that results in improved customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Interact with customers to help diagnose issues, as well as research and find solutions to a wide variety of large-scope, complex problems
- Develop simulation best practices, solutions, FAQs for a knowledge base
- Develop and strengthen long-term relationships with customers.
- Develop technical expertise in one or more simulation areas
- Submit suggestions for product improvement, when needed. File defect reports and verify fixes adhering to defect reporting processes.
- Participate in application field testing of new releases to ensure that new features and workflows will address customer requirements
- Instruct training classes on the usage of ANSYS simulation products, as required
- Execute field marketing activities including technical presentations for marketing events, assist Sales and Presales efforts to grow ANSYS business based on the expertise and skill set requirements
- Participate in other strategic team and company initiatives, as needed
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Ph.D., Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Sound knowledge related to electromagnetic field theory, power electronics, and electric machines
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to implement numerical models to obtain practical engineering solutions to difficult problems
- Engaging personality, engineering curiosity, and willingness for continuous learning
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed
- Interested in working with customers and willing to travel
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D. or MS/MTech degree preferred
- Experience in using commercial or in-house electromagnetics software for real-world industry-level applications
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the use of relevant ANSYS software or other commercial software (can be obtained or partially obtained in a university setting)
- Experience of being part of the engineering product development cycle will be an added advantage
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.