Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the world’s leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, NVIDIA.
Perforce Software is looking for a Technical Product Owner to join our growing global product management team. Guide engineering teams in building and delivering the industry leading Digital Transformation and API Management solutions across on-premises, cloud, hybrid and VPC environments leveraging cutting edge technologies.
As a key member of the product management team, this individual will help define the technical specifications as well as contribute new ideas for market expansion. The successful candidate will be an engaged, interactive technical subject matter expert in API Management and related areas who champions technology leadership while focusing on customer adoption of any proposed direction. The successful candidate will work in an exciting and engaging environment where they will be encouraged to expand their skills, test their creative boundaries, share new ideas, and have fun.
Akana provides an end-to-end API management solution. Ranked by Forrester as the top vendor and a leader for API security, Akana helps leading organizations take APIs from strategy and design to deployment and optimization.
- Translate business strategy into technical requirements leveraging other solutions where necessary.
- Engage cross functional teams globally to define product initiatives technically.
- Define product acceptance criteria and ensure that deliverables are aligned with market and customer needs.
- Define product epics and user-stories while Identifying usability and UX elements.
- performance requirements
- Develop and share deep domain expertise with the product and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with developers on technical architecture.
- Balance the prioritization of backlog items to meet goals for new product capabilities, technical enhancements, and other initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical product owner or in a product development leadership role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must-have.
- Hands on experience with API development (REST/SOAP/Async).
- Familiarity with Jetty/OSGi/Kubernetes/Docker is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with messaging systems like JMS, AMQP, Kafka, etc. is a plus.
- Experience working with SaaS environments like AWS/Azure is a plus.
- Prior work with UI/UX design teams and understanding of what makes a good UI is a benefit.
- Demonstrated ability to execute efficiently while always keeping customer/Akana success in focus.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.perforce.com.