Website Siemens EDA
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrives is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for Technical Interns for our Electrification and Automation division based in Wendell, NC to support our portfolio of protection and automation products and solutions. A variety of engineering and business opportunities are available across the division including project design, product development, operations, and business analytics. Working hours will vary based on team placement. This internship is remote.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Analyzing customers’ technical specifications regarding the application of Siemens products along with associated protection and control systems.
- Designing protection and automation panels and other product solutions to meet customers’ expectations in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Collaborating with the manufacturing team to address any challenges as designs are produced.
- Helping improve our products by collaboratively designing and implementing feature enhancements.
- Working with application engineering, project management, sales teams, and customers to resolve technical issues.
- Working under the guidance of an assigned mentor and Senior Engineer to create documents for customer approval and manufacturing of energy management equipment.
- Managing reporting dashboards and business analytics, process improvements, and special projects.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student studying Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or majors related to Energy Protection & Automation.
- Able to work part-time hours throughout the semester.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet project deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products with proficiency in MS Works, Excel, and PowerPoint.
You’ll benefit from:
- The hourly pay rate for this position is $18.00-$31.00/hr. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
- Additionally, interns for Siemens are eligible to contribute into our 401K program.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.