About the company
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech start-up that specialises in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world’s most imminent security challenge: quantum computers.
Here at PQShield, we understand our people are the most important factor in driving our success. Therefore, our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation and reward.
About the role
As a Technical Author at PQShield it is your responsibility to produce high quality technical documentation for use internally at PQShield and for our customers. You’ll be updating and maintaining existing documentation and ensuring all information within the documentation is up-to-date and accurate. The other responsibilities for this position include:
- You’ll be responsible for producing release notes on products that informs everyone of new features and functionalities
- Ensuring all necessary changes to documentation are made as and when required
- Defining our technical tone of voice within our documentation
- Developing and implementing various content types across our documentation (workflows/process schematics/developer consoles/instructional videos)
- Composing clear and compelling documents for different uses (adverts/instruction manuals/ process guides)
- Writing and producing different technical resources: user guides, product feature descriptions, technical reference documentation, project and regulatory information guides etc.
- Working with solution delivery teams to understand any changes to the solutions and timelines on projects
- Working closely with colleagues across PQShield to define technical standards and other related documentation, including assistance with final delivery of research documents and white papers
- Working closely with sales & marketing to understand and deliver technical supporting documentation for sales enablement
- Engaging with senior management to continuously improve documentation across the organisation
- Designing and implementing writing and template guidelines to ensure consistency across all PQShield documentation
The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 or more years of experience working as a Technical Author, ideally within a Software or Hardware IP environment, as well as experience in the following areas:
- Degree level education preferred
- Extensive experience of writing single-sourced documentation
- Experienced in using content management or technical authoring systems (LaTeX, MadCap Flare, FrameMaker , ASCII Doc , etc.)
- Ability to develop and design a technical voice across standardised documentation
- Understand technical requirements and translate this into clear and concise documentation for internal and external use
You’ll also have strong communication skills, a strong desire and ability to move up and be promoted within the organisation and you’ll be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team.
At PQshield you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, cutting edge projects whilst being part of an autonomous, collaborative environment. On top of this, we offer some fantastic benefits, such as:
- EMI share option scheme
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 50% gym membership discount
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US we really do have a global reach. You can join our teams in one of these locations, or work remotely across Europe – the choice is yours!
Apply today to join the battle against cyber threats and to be a part of our exciting deep tech start up!
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit pqshield.com.