The Application Engineer will serve as the primary technical consultant responsible for actively driving and managing the technical evaluation and application of the HyperWorks suite of products with Altair’s customers and prospects.
What You Will Do:
- Design and conduct Altair product presentations and demonstrations, which include but are not limited to question and answer discussions with the customer and partner’s technical staff.
- Visit on-site with customers to perform technical analysis and qualification of potential customer projects. Discuss the potential sales opportunities with sales team.
- Maintain contact with prospects, customers, and partners. Discuss current and new-release product features and uses.
- Propose Altair’s Support Services and Consulting Services to customers who need assistance to resolve challenging problems and build solutions of demanding complexity.
- Proactively contact prospects and customer in conjunction with Account Management business planning.
- Manage customer expectations so as to ensure maximum satisfaction with Altair’s products and services.
- Liaison between customers and development personnel to drive new feature requests into future product releases.
- Interface with and provide assistance to Altair’s customer support organization with their efforts to assist customers with resolving customer support issues.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Knowledge and strong interest of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Good communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of technical users and management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Aptitude for solving engineering problems.
- Willingness to travel throughout region as required