Who we are:
Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS) is the biggest ASIC EDA software company and the 2nd largest semiconductor IP provider in the world. Founded in 1986, $3B+ Synopsys employs 20,000+ headquartered in Mountain View, California, located globally in over 25 countries with 113+ offices throughout North America, Europe, Japan, Asia, and India.
We enable companies to create the leading-edge micro-chips found in the latest smartphones, data center servers; and automobile smart systems. Synopsys is committed to fostering an environment that treats people with respect, honesty, and professionalism.
We only want the best of the best to join our team. Be ready to produce results; bring innovation, creativity, and passion to work every day.
What you will do:
As a tech savvy and passionate Technical Writer in the Solutions Group at Synopsys, you will be part of a group responsible for developing and writing user documentation for various Digital and Mixed Signal IPs. You will have an opportunity to work across the various IP product lines of USB, PCIe, Ethernet, DDR, HDMI, MIPI etc., You will be responsible for planning, organizing, writing, and editing the technical specifications, engineering schematics, application notes, and user guides.
You will be interfacing with our Design Engineering team to collect the raw content of technical specification and to effectively transform this into user consumable collateral by following the doc-processes.
You will work independently, interacting, and collaborating with multi-site teams and you will deliver high quality documentation by demonstrating strict adherence to the style guide and other doc-processes followed by the group.
As a writer, you will collaborate with other teams and have a significant and immediate impact on all customer documentation produced and the documentation roadmap.
Hard skills we are looking for:
- Degree or masters in any electronics, science, hardware, computing, software, physics, mathematics, or engineering discipline. Other technical disciplines also considered.
- 3-7 years technical writing experience in software or hardware industry
- Excellent problem-solving skills; strong logical reasoning and solution-oriented
- Experience with authoring tools such as FrameMaker
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
Soft skills we are looking for:
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and capable of learning new technologies as necessary
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- You care (about others, about doing a good job, about details)
- You take ownership of projects and tasks assigned to you with little to no supervision and have pride in quality work done correctly the first time
Advantageous skill areas that will give you the edge:
- Familiarity with Verilog and ASIC digital design flows
- Structured FrameMaker.
- XSLT and XPATH
- Structured FrameMaker EDD and DTD
- DITA, DocBook, or IP-XACT XML schemas
- FrameScript, ExtendScript, or FDK
- DITA Open Toolkit
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.