PQShield is a spinout from the University of Oxford specialising in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world’s most imminent security challenge: quantum computers. Our cryptosystems will ensure unparalleled internet security and data protection on a global scale across several industries – keeping us all safe as quantum computing technology develops.
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US, our quantum-secure cryptographic solutions work with companies’ legacy systems to protect devices and sensitive data now and for years to come. We are well-funded and VC backed, having recently closed our $20m series A funding round.
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech company that considers our people to be our most important assets, and so our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation, and reward. We promote openness and flexibility, resulting in a friendly, family like environment.
Our corporate social responsibility centres around making sure our products are used in a constructive and positive way – we would like to think that our products will contribute to the greater good rather than be just another money-making commodity.
About the role
We’re looking for a brilliant Talent Acquisition Manager to help us build our team as we expand globally. We have ambitious plans for this year, so we’re looking for a person who wants to grow and develop with our team.
As well as finding and recruiting great people, you’ll be working closely with the rest of the People Team to create and drive the talent strategy for PQShield. This role would ideally suit someone who wants to do more than just transactional recruitment and has a genuine passion and belief in the role people play in an organisation.
With your significant experience in engineering and hardware recruitment, you’ll be hands-on in sourcing candidates, designing hiring processes and helping us shape our talent attraction strategy. You’ll work with all teams from Engineering to Sales, partnering with hiring managers to drive a consultative approach for market research and mapping, sourcing, selection and offer management – recruiting top diverse individuals across the globe.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Head of Finance and Management Team to define headcount requirements.
- Helping to create job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the attributes for each position.
- Developing and executing recruitment plans, based on the headcount budget.
- Sourcing talent for all positions.
- Managing recruitment reporting and analytics.
- Supporting the People and Marketing teams in developing our employer brand work.
- Organising and attending meetups, job fairs and other events to build a strong network and develop a robust talent pipeline through engagement with universities and network groups in the start-up, cybersecurity and cryptography industries.
- You have demonstrable experience within recruitment, sourcing and hiring top talent, with a focus on engineering and hardware design and verification roles.
- You enjoy networking face-to-face, via LinkedIn and through other social media platforms.
- You are used to using an ATS (preferably Greenhouse).
- You are organised and an excellent communicator (verbal and written).
- You are creative and curious.
Nice to have
- Additional language skills.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget.
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- 50% gym membership discount.
- The chance to work with a really nice, smart and friendly team!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit pqshield.com.