Website Alphawave Semi
Alphawave Semi enables tomorrow’s future by accelerating the critical data communication at the heart of our digital world – from seamless video streaming to AI to the metaverse and much more. Our technology powers product innovation in the most data-demanding industries today, including data centers, networking, storage, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, and autonomous vehicles. Customers partner with us for mission-critical data communication, our innovative technologies, and our proven track record. Together, we enable the next generation of digital technology.
System Validation Engineer
In this role you will be working in a team environment validating and characterizing the next generation ultra-high-speed interfaces, referred to Serial-De-serializer (SerDes) transceivers or optical transceivers. You will be responsible for testing our SerDes and optical devices, developing Python automation scripts to characterize the devices, and performing device result analysis, all under the support of a great team of engineers. General requirements will be provided; however, you will be highly encouraged to impart your analytical thinking, statistical analysis, and programming creativity. It is important for us to get your fresh perspective and think about what we do on a regular basis.
What You Will Do
- You will be involved with the characterization activities of the SerDes device with an emphasis on optical characterization, including hardware measurement and debug, developing Python scripts and routines for device configuration, automation, and lab instrumentation control, including but not limited to, oscilloscopes, bit error rate testers (BERT), signal analyzers, Variable Optical Attenuators (VOA), power meters, and Optical Spectrum Analyzers (OSA)
- Collaborate with analog/system/digital and package engineering teams to understand and develop test methodologies, identify required equipment and components, implement, and execute test setups, and report results.
- Understand requirements for SerDes compliance testing across all applicable standards such as IEEE 802.3 and OIF
- Timely delivery of test reports
- Provide regular project status communication.
- Develop/improve/align to team best test practices.
What You Will Need
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering – Must
- 3+ years as a post silicon or system validation engineer – Must
- Experience using equipment to test SerDes devices such as oscilloscopes,
- BERTs, signal analyzers, VNAs, AWG, VOA, OSA, and power meters – Advantage.
- Programming experience with Python for the purpose of IC testing and automation of this testing – Must
- Strong knowledge of optical and electrical test methodologies – Advantage
- Understanding of SerDes architecture (NRZ, PAM4) and theory of operation: PLL, CDR, CTLE, DFE, etc. – Advantage
- Work and familiarity with Ethernet standards in L1/2/3, Background/experience in MACSec – Advantage
“Hybrid work environment”
As part of our commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of our employees, we have designed a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Great compensation package
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Paid time off
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit alphawave.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.