Website Siemens EDA
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position participates in the installation, programming, start-up, and commissioning of fire alarm equipment that has been newly installed. Systems include fire safety, mass notification, detectors, and field peripherals. You will communicate design details to customers, installation and service teams, and subcontractors. You will also interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customers’ expectations.
Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: Run routine reports to review system operation. Participate in final inspection and testing. Support customer acceptance and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Assist with customer training on system operations. Complete and submit routine written reports. Provide plans and fire safety system documents to engineering for as-built drawings. Identify code and non-conformance issues and make recommendations for system installation.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: May support others in the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate start-up services. Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products; 2+ years preferred
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months
- Must be able to create detailed reports and professional documentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.