What You Will Do:
Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for working and interacting with multiple departments of Mopar and service suppliers. Individual is required to have Supplier Quality, data analytics and project management experience. Candidate is responsible to work with engineering, supplier and Field Warehouses (Depots) cross-functional teams to collaborate on quality improvement projects driving change at Mopar with a focus on:
- Part quality improvement.
- Process Audit and PPAP approval.
- Depot performance and part delivery.
- Dealer performance.
- Packaging and supplier communication.
The responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include at a minimum the following:
- Assist with developing and enhancing quality management systems focusing on customer satisfaction, business process standardization, reliability and effectiveness.
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams to improve quality of service parts and Mopar processes.
- Provide Advance Quality Planning and Process Audit for resourced components.
- Review and approve Forever Requirements (FR) (supplier request for any change).
- Plan, schedule, and lead Process Audits for service exclusive parts.
- Plan, audit, and verify corrective actions to ensure compliance with technical requirements of the product and process according to a standard.
- Evaluate quality and program risk and Supplier eligibility assessment.
- Communicate audit progress and findings by preparing reports and meeting updates.
- Ensure correct application of process methods and specifications in manufacturing areas.
- Recommend and validate rework procedures.
- Develop inspection procedures and best practices for performing inspection per standards.
- Perform root cause analysis of quality issues, using advanced problem solving tools (like Kepner Tregoe, Shainin Red X, Design of Experiments) and document discrepancies using GIM.
- Recommend, implement, and verify cost-effective, permanent corrective actions.
- Develop projects to support World Class Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Develop and Train Depot Quality clerks.
- Recommend and implement cost savings initiatives as applicable.
- Review DVP&R, Process FMEA, and Control Plan documents.
- Review and approve the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submissions for service parts.
- Review parts returned from dealerships & field PDC’s.
- Process nonconformance tickets (NCT) and issue Quality Control Messages (QCM).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Required.
- 2+ years of experience in Warehouse Depot/Manufacturing/Plant environment.
- Understanding of quality procedures and systems.
- Experience in improving processes.
- The candidate must have successfully demonstrated the application of the theory, approaches and tools within the operating system at the right step with the right level of rigor.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability/willingness to gain additional know-how on WCL topics.
- Lead issue resolution meetings with stakeholders and escalate priority concerns.
- Identification of critical processes and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of problem solving tool.
- Must have Automotive Experience related to Manufacturing, Quality and or Engineering (OEM or Supplier).
- Experience with OEM and or Tier One Automotive Supplier Quality with full understanding of PPAP / AQP and IATF 16949.
- Strong communication skills to include ability to present work to large groups.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with salary bargained unit personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking analytic and problem solving skills.
- MS Office proficiency, including presentation and MS Excel.
- Must be self-motivated, results driven, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform process audits and evaluate the capabilities of third party packagers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include ability to work effectively within an extended team.
- Comfortable at managing multiple assignments.
- Knowledge of IMDS and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to senior levels of management.
- Ability to travel domestic and international supplier locations.
- Engineering Degree (Mech, Elect, Chemical or Industrial).
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.