Summary / Role Purpose
The Supervisor, Licensing Consultant (SLC) is, with support from their manager, responsible for coaching and leading the regional Licensing Consultant and Analyst team (the team). The team is responsible for managing all phases of license reviews (software audits) and advisories, including a variety of related projects. The SLC will support and enable the team, including providing training, preparing joint development plans and ensuring compliance with company and license compliance processes.
To be successful in this role the Supervisor needs a detail-oriented mindset, excellent organizational skills, and a growth mindset. The SLC, among other responsibilities, will independently manage license reviews and advisories; and educate customers, sales, and channel partners on Ansys’ licensing terms and licensing. The SLC is an expert in software license agreements, licensing technologies, software asset management, software audits, and license advisories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Enable the team to use data analytics in their daily activities. The SLC will organize training, tools, and where applicable automated processes for the team to bring data together from a variety of sources. This includes planning, designing, and improving data analytics processes working with internal and external cross functional teams.
- Enable the team to successfully maintain and improve the software audit program. Ansys is always growing and improving our work with our teams for our customers. The team consists of a variety of multifaceted individuals. Depending on seniority, they are expected to work with cross functional teams across the organization to ensure accuracy and success. SLC will coordinate work with many teams within Ansys to make sure this program is aligned with the overall company strategy and consistent with our customer philosophy.
- Train the team to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail when preparing documents. By training and supporting the team, SLC will ensure existing processes are followed. The SLC will work with the team to enable them to independently or with the extended team, prepare or review any deliverables in a professional and accurate presentation manner. The SLC will also encourage the team to refine and improve existing processes – a creative approach to improving our business is encouraged.
- Ansys is proud of the software we have created and the teams we have built. Our team supports and educates both internal and external stakeholders. We work together to build a highly functioning team that readily shares information with other parts of our organization, partners and provides exemplary customer service. SLC will make available training and support for the team to develop the skills they need to be comfortable presenting to mid-sized groups about Ansys licensing for both customer and internal knowledge transfer.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree with an engineering, business, or legal focus with 7+ years of work experience in a License Compliance role with a multi-national software company, OR
9+ years of work experience in a License Compliance role with a multi-national software company
- Experience working with software contracts and licensing
- Strong communication skills with ability to discuss Ansys licensing to all levels of customer organizations including senior executives.
- Analytical skills and adept at learning new IT skills
- Demonstrated integrity and confidentiality with an open mindset
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members
- Fluent in English (required as this role with global reach) and in the local language of the territory
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in License Compliance, Software License Agreements, Software Asset Management, Software Audits, Negotiations, Strategy, and Data Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or Law
- Previous experience as supervisor or similar role
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.