Summary / Role Purpose:
Join the Ansys Student Internship Program to apply your education to solve real world engineering problems, advance career skills and experience work at Ansys. This role involves assisting in constructing containers for PyAnsys solutions and modules and documenting these processes for a broader audience.
This is an extended 8 month role starting in May 2024 and ending in December 2024. Please confirm with your university that you can meet these requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and construction of containers for PyAnsys solutions and modules, using containerization technologies like Docker.
- Document the containerization process and best practices in a clear, comprehensive manner for internal and external consumption.
- Test the containers to ensure they function as expected across different environments and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Participate in team meetings and reviews to discuss containerization strategies, challenges, and upcoming tasks.
- Work closely with other Ansys teams to ensure the containerized solutions integrate well with other systems and platforms.
- Contribute to the deployment and management of PyAnsys containers within Kubernetes clusters to ensure the solutions are scalable and reliable.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related technical discipline is preferred.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship by Ansys
- Ready to work at the advertised location without requiring relocation assistance by Ansys
- Motivated to learn. Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing, understanding, and presenting in fluent English
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of computer languages – Java, C/C++
- Proficiency in Containerization – Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker is essential.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes for container orchestration is preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux OS and general understanding of IT hardware and systems
- Knowledge in Ansys Mechanical, LS-Dyna, Abaqus, Nastran, etc or any open source finite element software
- Experience with preprocessing tools for simulations such as Ansys products, Ansa, Hypermesh, etc.
- Currently enrolled as an engineering graduate student (M.S. or Ph.D.) in an accredited United States university. Ph.D. students should be entering third year or beyond of their program. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.