Summary / Role Purpose
This engineer will join as an Intern in the Research and Development team that creates state-of-the-art software for semiconductor analysis.
Ansys RedHawk-SC is the proven industry leader for power noise and reliability signoff for SoC designs. With a track record of thousands of designs in silicon, RedHawk-SC enables you to create high-performance SoCs that are still power efficient and reliable against thermal, electromigration (EM) and electrostatic discharge (ESD) issues for markets such as mobile, communications, high-performance computing, automotive and internet of things (IoT).
RedHawk-SC is a next-generation solution built on Ansys SeaScape, the world’s first custom-designed, big data architecture for electronic system design and simulation. SeaScape provides per-core scalability, flexible design data access, instantaneous design bring-up, MapReduce-enabled analytics and many other revolutionary capabilities.
This internship is a 40-hour per week paid position for the Summer 2024 from May – August 2024. It is preferred that the candidate is ready to work at the advertised location without requiring relocation assistance by Ansys.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the team’s software development processes and the problem domain.
- Develop scripts to improve specific areas.
- Diagnose and fix code problems.
- Deliver code and scripts that meet requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust, and easy to understand.
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Learn and follow best practices in software engineering.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Progress toward BS, MS, or PhD in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Proficiency in C++ or Python
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging
- Ability to learn quickly and work closely with others
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge of the following areas are a plus:
- Understanding of electronic design at gate level and/or transistor level
- Commercial software development, including build and test automation
- Development, debugging and optimization of systems using distributed processing
- Parasitic extraction for advanced semiconductor nodes
- Transistor-level simulation or analysis
- Gate level or RTL power analysis and/or optimization
- Physical design of integrated circuits
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.