Summary / Role Purpose
The Sr. Account Manager will increase new and existing business by adapting ANSYS engineering simulation products and solutions into customers’ engineering environments and product development processes, ultimately helping customers develop new products and improve existing products and processes. The Sr. Account Manager is responsible for all sales activities, from developing new customers through generation of new contacts within an assigned geographical territory, and/or specified named accounts and is responsible for maximizing sales profitability, growth, and account penetration. The role sells the entire Ansys solution and services directly to end users. A successful Sr. Account Manager drives and implements tactics which will ultimately maximize the sales opportunity within each engagement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs sales activities, establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current and/or prospective customers to maintain renewal business and generate new business for an assigned geographic area, set of named accounts or product/service line to achieve or exceed revenue objectives.
· Create and conduct sales presentations to match customers required capabilities to match their positive business outcomes.
· Remain knowledgeable and keeps abreast of the company’s new and existing products/services to facilitate sales efforts.
· Research sources for developing current and prospective customers to determine their potential.
· Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
· Create and maintain account plans for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
· Leads coordination of sales effort with marketing, account team, sales management, accounting, legal and technical services groups globally.
· Maintain accurate sales data and reports within CRM.
· Provide accurate and reliable forecasts for new sales and renewal revenues.
· Leverage trade shows and conventions; schedules training and seminars to enhance new business opportunities within current and prospective customer base.
· Alert client to new or improved products/services and relays client feedback to product development staff.
· Serve as a resource to Ansys channel partners within a designated territory by assisting with the sales process related to new and existing accounts, up to and including opportunity close.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
· Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in technical, engineering, business or related field with 4+ years of experience of demonstrated success in technical sales positions OR 8+ years of experience demonstrated success in technical sales positions.
· Demonstrates understanding of engineering analysis and technology.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
· Ability to coordinate internal and external ecosystems.
· Fluent in English and in the local language of the territory
· Travel: up to 50%
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of company’s products/services.
· Knowledge of the specific territory, product line, or customer(s) a plus
· Ability to present to VP & C Level Executives