As a Storage Support Engineer, you provide support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff that is focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging NetApp products. You respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in hardware or software products, and you ensure delivery of optimal results. You must be a “take charge” professional with demonstrated technical problem-solving skills; and a subject matter expert; and have a strong customer service orientation and experience..
- Respond to situations where NetApp product support has been unable to solve customer’s technical issues.
- Collaborate with or escalate cases with other NetApp Technical Support teams and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of your specific area of expertise in order to most quickly facilitate solutions for customers.
- Work collaboratively with customers in potentially stressful situations, while providing professional and courteous technical expertise.
- Create new knowledge base articles to share information and best practices for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center
- Focus on E-series and StorageGRID specialization and build deep technical expertise in these areas.
- Storage and Object based storage experience
- Ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues with strong commitment to deliver excellent customer service experience.
- Passion and ability to learn new technologies in a fast-pace environment.
- Work well in a team environment and be a proactive contributor to team development projects.
- Creative approach to problem solving and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- High ability to multi-task, manage workload and define priorities based on business impact of issues.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
The ideal candidate would also possess an understanding of the following:
- Hardware principles
- Object based storage
- Distributed data base (Cassandra)
- S3 protocol
- Fiber channel
- Linux administration
- Troubleshooting experience with network trace analysis -> Network troubleshooting experience with wireshark
- Infiniband, NVMe-of
- Data protection
- HTTP / RestAPI
- Understanding of T10 Protection Information (PI) concepts
- TCP practical troubleshooting experience with network trace analysis
- Working experience with NetApp Data ONTAP 9.0 and above (a plus)
Education & Experience
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit netapp.eightfold.ai.