You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we’ll be in over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world’s fastest supercomputer – our engineers are crafting the sophisticated core processors owning the race towards a connected, autonomous and hyper-performance future.
Software plays an integral role in CPU, hardware IPs and SoC development process. Today, Arm provides exciting opportunities to software professionals to solve real world hard problems!
About The Job
Arm is well recognized as the market leader in the CPU and System IP industry and this has been achieved by consistently delivering reliable and high quality IP products. Arm’s Central Engineering – System IP Group, develops high performance System IPs and by combining these with Arm CPU’s, efficient fit-for-purpose Compute Sub-Systems to address applications and market segments.
We are building a world-wide multi-focus tooling-algorithms and EDA software team. This multi-facet team develops world class software systems aiding to chip designers. It is a hard software problem to generate an efficient solution with a balance of performance, power and area and with a watch on time-to-market! You would be working with a niche team of core computer science professionals, who are specialized with advance data structures and algorithms.
We are looking for a QA lead, can think like a developer while performing the role of QA. Candidates who are able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must. Problem solvers who are keen about learning new technologies, coding scripts, and designing test infrastructure in an automation-first environment will excel in this environment.
- End to End QA ownership for the Product. Define system level acceptance criteria across projects. Track the overall quality during execution and do the release sign-off.
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Architect various test plans, strategies and flows to validate functional, performance, quality of resutls (QoR) and coverage requirements
- Designs, leads and implements robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites/Framework
- Identify QA metrics and publish weekly QA dashboard with distilled insights, conclusions and actions
- Growth mindset with the focus on improvements for process, tools, and test methodologies, and drives those from concept to implementation.
- Design, implement and debug complex test scenarios, with an understanding of underlying technology
- Gradually develop product and domain knowledge
- Collaborate with cross site teams, in terms of planning, reviews, status updates and meetings, as well as delivery against expectation
Master/Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
Minimum qualifications, with 8+ years of experience
- Led end-end QA charter for multiple products/projects
- Proficient with QA concepts and methodologies
- Object-oriented design and coding skills, with exposure to one of the general purpose object oriented programming language (e.g. C++, Java etc.)
- Development experience with general purpose scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, Shell etc.)
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good exposure to data structures and algorithms
- Expericence in architecting test and validation flows
- Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Software testing experience in all project phases including planning, execution and closure
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience in collaborating with teams across geography
- Basic understanding of CPU and/or SoC architecture
- Knowledge about Network-on-Chip (NoCs)
- Hands-on experience using Electronic Design Automation (EDA) softwares
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.