This is an excellent opportunity to join Arm’s Sales and Partner Enablement group! Applications Engineers help Arm’s partners build real world applications based on Arm technology. Our partners scale from big semiconductor houses to small start-ups, and all of them are building new exiting products. This role gives the possibility to be on the forefront of technological evolution and accelerate innovation.
Applications Engineering is a varied, deeply technical role, where you will not only use your expertise but your interpersonal skills to support our partners through their technical challenges. This role focuses on supporting our open-source software solutions and ecosystem for server, cloud computing and network applications.
Working with our partners means that you will need to understand what they want to achieve, analyze their requests and issues, and provide a solution that moves them forward. Your job role will have several components:
- Provide support for our partners with firmware and software related problems on their Arm-based systems.
- Crafting content and guides for customers to understand our ecosystem and the usage of our software systems
- Training our partners to enable them to develop and optimize their Arm-based software applications
Key Technical Skills & Expertise
- 5+ years experience in firmware/software development
- 5+ years experience in C/C++ development
- Good understanding of Linux kernel (subsystems and device drivers), UEFI and ACPI
- Be knowledgable about modern processor architecture, including cache behavior, and memory system behavior
- Experience with assembly language
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
Desirable Skills & Expertise
- Capable to work un-supervised
- Ability to learn new processor and system features quickly
- Ability to be flexible about daily tasks and assignments
- Experience with the Arm Architecture and processors
- Good understanding of modern sever SoC architecture, system MMU and PCIe
- Experience with the X86 architecture and processors
- Experience doing customer presentations, both in person and remote
- Experience with Arm software development tools
- Experience with RTL simulation tools
- Working with customers across different cultures
- Provide fast and accurate technical answers to customer questions
- Develop guidance and documentation for Arm software developers based on results from customer questions and internal investigation
- Work with customers to help identify potential firmware and software issues
- Cooperate with Arm engineers across multiple product groups, disciplines, and offices to help solve technical problems
- Help deliver customer training classes, both remotely and (possibly) in-person
- In the future, be available for some travel to customer and other Arm sites
- Develop tools and techniques to aid other Arm Application Engineers solve problems more efficiently.
- Work with Arm IP design and product management teams to improve partners experience and influence IP feature development
- Mentor junior members of the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.