If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console or a smart meter at home, you’ve already used an Arm-powered product. Over 900 Arm-powered chips are produced every second and over 200 billion Arm technology-based chips have been shipped to date, making us the world’s leading semiconductor IP supplier.
We are looking for highly-skilled and passionate engineers to join our system-level verification team in Bangalore.
In addition to CPUs, Arm builds high performance system IP like cache-coherent interconnects, interrupt controllers, and memory management units. Our partners combine Arm CPUs with these system IP, to build sub-system solutions across pioneering market segments like mobiles, servers, AI, automotive, IoT, etc.
Our team is responsible for verifying CPUs and system IP put together as sub-systems at pre-silicon stage – using industry-standard Emulator and FPGA platforms from major EDA vendors.
- As part of our team, you will push Arm CPUs & system IP to their functional limits – targeting the IP’s internal architecture and how it interacts with the rest of the system.
- The role involves developing and running soak tests based on Arm architecture and the IP design, and debugging sophisticated hardware and software failures in the CPU or the IP and the system around it using Emulator and FPGA platforms.
- You will work with cross-site design teams, discuss requirements, build test plans, develop tests targeting corner-cases, and collaborate to achieve verification goals.
- There will be opportunities to make a difference by actively contributing to Arm verification methodologies which are improved continuously to match design advancements.
- Mentoring junior engineers in the team is part of the role – with potential people management responsibilities for relevant candidates.
Have you worked on verifying either CPUs or other IP in a system, and have a strong technical background? Then, you are the right match for this job!
Qualifications and Experience
A good university degree in electronics, computers, or equivalent – with 4 to 12 years of proven experience in verification of CPU, SoC, or other system IP
- 4+ Yrs of experience
- Understanding of CPU or SoC architecture and its verification
- Deep understanding of digital design concepts and verilog coding
- Good in logical programming using C/C++/assembly
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging
- Proven track record of contributing to project execution and delivery, individually or in a team
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with hardware acceleration platforms like Emulation and FPGA
- Awareness of CPU architecture features (such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency, CPU pipelines)
- General understanding of Arm-based systems and protocols like AHB, AXI, ACE, or CHI
- Use of scripting languages like Perl/Python/Shell
- Knowledge of advance verification techniques like assertions, property checking, etc.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.