ABOUT ULTRA COMMUNICATIONS
Ultra Communications Inc – A Samtec Company – designs, develops and manufactures high performance optical interconnect solutions for High Reliability (Hi-Rel) Space, Mil/Aero, Marine, Industrial and Harsh Environment (HEFO) applications. Their patented designs and processes enable the highest performance, smallest footprint, highest reliability optical solutions available in the industry and are the only Radiation Hardened (Rad Hard) products available, anywhere in the world, for space applications. Located in Vista CA, UltraComm is currently ramping production capability to address their customers high volume product needs.
UltraComm is currently interviewing individuals for a Sr. Test Technician 1st shift, Temp to Hire with a passion and desire to be part of an exciting rapid-paced high technology company with excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our work environment is a unique combination of development lab and production facility with an atmosphere of family and professional camaraderie located in North San Diego County.
If you relish challenges and enjoy creating never before possible products, UltraComm is the place for you!
Position Hours: 8am – 4:30pm, negotiable
Job Location: UltraComm, 990 Park Center Drive, Vista, CA
Pay Range: $30.00-$33.50 an hour, DOE
- This position is temp to hire. There is opportunity for full time status after an evaluation period and if the business needs align.
- Standard benefit offerings available during temporary status are health insurance, CA Sick Time, holiday pay. EAP, optional 401k.
- If full time status is offered standard benefits are medical (HSA/PPO) dental, vision, group life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, EAP, 401K match, profit sharing, plus other voluntary options, as well as paid time off.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, the Sr. Test Technician collaborates with Opto-electronic packaging, test and process engineers on Military Aerospace grade optical interconnect components for applications in High Reliability/Harsh Environment systems. In addition to inspecting product functions and monitor test procedures and equipment, the successful candidate will be a team player, show leadership skills, is self-motivated, hands-on, detail oriented, goal driven and takes great pride in their work product. This role would be responsible for training test technicians, tracking issues and troubleshooting test stands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Test Technicians in troubleshooting various DC continuity and ATP optical/RF test hardware.
- Implement preventive maintenance plan for test systems.
- Support engineers in lab test setup.
- Conducts tests of new components, assemblies and systems based on test criteria as established by policies and procedures or written test plans.
- Maintains accurate records of test results and report results to appropriate development and testing group.
- Operates required machinery and equipment in a safe manner following established safety rules, maintains a neat and clean work area, follows established tool and instrument control procedures, and reports any unsafe acts or conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Performs inspections and installation of parts and components; maintains accurate records of the installation of these parts and the collection of test data.
- Builds test fixtures to carry out various needs associated with testing the components in a manner that will be accelerated in terms of time and that will correlate with actual field use conditions.
- Reports to the supervisor about all ongoing projects with regard to project status, completion time projections and any problems that may have arisen during the course of the project
- Provides feedback to test engineering teams and management on testing equipment, product or process issues/improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid fundamental electronics background required.
- Hands on experience in building and troubleshooting test hardware required.
- Cleanroom experience a plus.
- Independent hands-on experience in Lab Testing with Oscilloscopes and Power Supplies required.
- Strong test hardware debugging skills required.
- Strong Microsoft Suite experience required.
- Data analytics using MATLAB or JMP a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent communications skills, be able to read, comprehend and execute complex work instructions.
- Experience in test process improvement plans preferred.
- Able to determine methods and procedures on new test assignments based on previous experience.
- Technical associate degree or some college preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 4-6+ years in Opto/electronic semiconductor test work required.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.